BEng Mech., BSc Maths., MSc OR, PhD Fin.
A Short Bio
State-of-the-Art Scoring aesthetics
Dr. Zhiyong Li is Professor of Finance at the Southwestern University of Finance and Economics and serves as director of the Department of Credit Management at the School of Finance. He received a doctorate in finance at the University of Edinburgh Business School where his PhD thesis of financial distress prediction passed with no correction. He has been working with scholars at the Credit Research Centre led by Dr. Galina Andreeva and Prof. Jonathan Crook, a Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences. He has a background of Mechanics and Mathematics at Beihang University. Dr. Li's interests are focused on the measurement and management of credit risk including credit scoring, credit rating, and risk modelling under Basel II and III. Many of his papers were published in banking/finance, management science/operational research and machine learning/artificial intelligence journals. Though he mainly analyses big data for financial risk management, fundamentally he is an engineer and artist.
Nunquam praescriptos transibunt sidera fines
AFFILIATIONS & POSITIONS
EDUCATION & VISITING
Research interests: Credit scoring and credit rating, credit portfolio management, Basel Accord and stress testing, financial distress and bankruptcy prediction, consumer finance and green finance, Fintech and Regtech, big data analytics, social credit systems.
10. Li Z, Li A, Bellotti A & Yao X. (2022). The profitability of online loans: a competing risks analysis on default and prepayment. European Journal of Operational Research. forthcoming. (ABS4, JCR Q1). DOI/PDF.
9. Li Z, Feng C & Tang Y. (2022). Bank efficiency and failure prediction: A nonparametric and dynamic model based on data envelopment analysis. Annals of Operations Research. 315:279-315 (ABS 3, JCR Q1). DOI/PDF.
6. Li Z, Tang Y, Wu J, Zhang J & Lv Q. (2020). The interest costs of green bonds: credit ratings, corporate social responsibility, and certification. Emerging Markets Finance and Trade. 56(12):2679-2692. (ABS 2, JCR Q3). DOI / PDF.
5. Li Z, Hu X, Li K, Zhou F & Shen F. (2020). Inferring the Outcomes of Rejected Loans: an Application of Semi-supervised Clustering Algorithms. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series A (Statistics in Society). 183(2):631-654. (ABS 3, JCR Q1). DOI / PDF.
4. Li Z, Li K, Yao X & Wen Q. (2019). Predicting prepayment and default risks of unsecured consumer loans in online lending. Emerging Markets Finance and Trade. 55(1):118-132. (ABS 2, JCR Q3). DOI / PDF.
2. Li Z, Tian Y, Li K, Zhou F & Yang W. (2017). Reject inference in credit scoring using Semi-supervised Support Vector Machines. Expert Systems with Applications. 74:105-114. (ABS 1, JCR Q1). DOI / PDF.
1. Li Z, Crook J & Andreeva G. (2014). Chinese Companies Distress Prediction: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis. Journal of the Operational Research Society. 65(3):466-479. (ABS 3, JCR Q2). DOI / PDF.
9. Zeng X, Li Z, Yang W & Huang Z. (2022) The risk interdependence of cryptocurrencies: Before and during the COVID-19 pandemic. International Journal of Financial Engineering. 8. (ESCI). DOI
7. Li K, Zhou F, Li Z, Li W & Shen F. (2021). A semi-parametric ensemble model for profit evaluation and investment decisions in online consumer loans with prepayments. Applied Soft Computing. 107. 107485. (JCR Q1). DOI /PDF.
5. Tang Y, Li Z, Chen J & Deng C. (2021). Liquidity creation cyclicality, capital regulation and interbank credit: Evidence from Chinese commercial banks. Pacific-Basin Finance Journal. 67. 101523. (ABS2, JCR Q1). DOI / PDF.
4. Shen F, Zhao X, Li Z, Li K & Meng Z. (2019). A novel ensemble classification model based on neural networks and a classifier optimisation technique for imbalanced credit risk evaluation. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications. 526. 121073. (JCR Q2). DOI / PDF.
2. Shen F, Ma X, Li Z, Xu Z & Cai D. (2018). An extended intuitionistic fuzzy TOPSIS method based on a new distance measure with an application to credit risk evaluation. Information Sciences. 428:105-119. (JCR Q1). DOI / PDF.
1. Tian Y, Li K, Yang W & Li Z. (2017). A new effective branch-and-bound algorithm to the high order MIMO detection problem. Journal of Combinatorial Optimization. 33(4):1395-1410. (ABS2, JCR Q3). DOI / PDF.
Books & chapters
5. Credit Scoring and Its Application. (2020). China Financial Publishing House: Beijing, ISBN: 9787522005560, Mandarin edition of Credit Scoring and Its Applications by Lyn Thomas, Jonathan Crook, David Edelman, 2017, 2nd revised edition, Society for Industrial & Applied Mathematics (SIAM):Philadelphia.
4. The Principle and Practice of Credit Rating. (2019). Part I: Theories of credit rating. China Financial Publishing House: Beijing, ISBN: 9787504998491
3. Fintech Operations in China. (2018). Chapter 12: Infrastructure development, Social Sciences Academic Press (China): Beijing, ISBN: 9787520128612
2. The Credit Scoring Toolkit. (2017). China Financial Publishing House: Beijing, ISBN: 9787504990334, Mandarin edition of The Credit Scoring Toolkit: Theory and Practice for Retail Credit Risk Management and Decision Automation by Raymond Anderson, 2007, Oxford University Press: London.
1. Consumer Credit Models. (2016). China Financial Publishing House: Beijing, ISBN: 9787504984111, Mandarin edition of Consumer Credit Models: Pricing, Profit and Portfolios by Lyn Thomas, 2008, Oxford University Press: London.
Chinese journal papers
Invitations & presentations